Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Chicken BLT

I just ate this recipe for lunch. Yum is all I have to say to this.  I've never tried this one out before, so I wasn't really sure how it was going to turn out.  But, it really was delicious.  So, the things you're going to have to get for this are:

1.  Chicken breasts (get a big bag of chicken breasts, the store brand, there are a lot and its usually cheaper than if you were to just buy a 3 pack of breasts from Purdue or a different name brand.) I got my bag of 8 precooked chicken breasts from Walmart for 7.00
2.  Italian dressing:  At Meijer I found a deal through my mPerks buy 2 Meijer brand dressings get 1 free, also I had a 1$ off coupon from a previous purchase when I bought 2, so I got 3 dressings for 2.00
3.  Bacon:  Any bacon will do, I used bacon bits, (Walmart:  1.50)
4.  Bread: I used potato bread, but again any bread will do, (Walmart:  1.75)
5.  Lettuce:  I bought a caesar salad mix, because I like to eat it with other meals, (Hyvee 1.68)
6.  Tomatoes:  I don't really eat tomatoes, and I didn't on this but normally you can get 4 on a vine for 2.00

So, the grand total is . . . 15.93, but EVERYTHING even the bread can be reused. So you're probably only using >4$ worth of food. Which is really good!

First take the chicken breast defrost it in the microwave until unfrozen.  Then, place it in the frying pan with about 3 to 4 tablespoons of Italian dressing and your bacon, however much you want.  If you bought precooked chicken, cook the chicken until its a little crispy.  If it's raw, please make sure to cook it all the way through so you don't get sick!

While your chicken is cooking toast your bread, put on some mayo, the lettuce, tomato and maybe a little salt and pepper if you want.  Once the chicken is done slap that baby onto the bread cut the sandwich together and you're good to go!  My sandwich was gone in a flash, and sadly I wish I could have another and another and another!!!!!!!

Hope you like it!
-Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment